Friday, February 03, 2006

Biography

Curt Miller was born in New York City in 1952. I am a third generation photographer and have been actively producing exhibition quality prints for more than thirty years. I received international acclaim for my work. "Sunsprinters" in Antwerp, Belgium, at the 5th International Photographic Exhibition (1970). Shutterbug magazine gave me an honorable mention, from thousands of entrants, for an entry in its 1994 Black & White Portrait contest.

As a photographer, I am concerned with the documentation of the landscape and people as I find them. I am interested in interpreting the vitality and beauty of life at it's most essential level: uncomplicated and serene.

I live in Pittsfield, Massachusetts and enjoy photographing in the Berkshire Mountains, Adirondacks and Capitol region of New York State as well as on my home turf, New York City. I believe it is necessary to capture and preserve for future generations, the essence of humanity, through photography. It has become my mission.

I have a bachelor of arts degree from the State University of New York in political sociology and a master of public administration degree from the Maxwell School of Public Affairs at Syracuse University. I am a project manager with the NY State Education Department and am the president of the Adirondack Mountain Club, Inc.

The picture above is of a Zig-Zag Fence, made with an 8x10 view camera in Litchfield County, Connecticut © 2006 Curt Miller

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home