Monday, February 20, 2006

On the Ellis Island Tourboat
c 2006 Curt Miller


Trinity Church, Lower Manhattan
c 2006 Curt Miller

The above photos are the pictures I from which I made my first exhibition quality inkjet prints. Both images were made with my Leica on color negative film. My pro-lab processed the negatives and made high-res scans on their Fuji Frontier. I converted the images to B&W using channel mixer and made the other typical editing manipulations like contrast, sharpness, etc. I then printed them using my Epson 2000P with continuous inking, using the "black ink" setting in the printer driver. The final prints were made on Epson Watercolor paper and are stunning.

An interesting note on the picture of Trinity Church: when I was a kid, my dad worked in the building to the left of the church. His office was somewhere just above the head in the picture of the athlete. I can remember going there often and looking out the window into the churchyard cemetery below. At lunchtime, we would walk through the cemetery and visit the graves of such notables as Robert Fulton and Alexander Hamilton (one of my heroes). The tall building above that one at the upper left of the picture is the Bank of Nova Scotia, which stands just east of the South Tower of the ill-fated World Trade Center. When all the dust settled, airplane seats were found on the roof of both of these buildings and both were covered in the debris from the collapse, as was the church cemetery.

3 Comments:

Blogger CK said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:30 PM  
Blogger CK said...

Curt, this is an amazing picture of NY architecture, together, upwards. A very affecting area of the city.

6:34 PM  
Blogger cristmae said...

This that Epson is a first class products.Thumbs up!http://premium-paper.com/index.html

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home